Civil Engineering Technician Apprentice Apply now
Job Reference: 2183
Closing date: Friday 31st May 2019
Duration: 5 Years
CSCS Card: Not required
The role would suit an individual completing A-levels or similar and seeking to develop a career in civil engineering through a degree apprenticeship. As an Apprentice Engineering Technician, you will be working closely with our Flood Risk Management and Highway Management project teams. Supporting delivery of project outputs which range from solving flooding issues to helping clients maintain roads as well as redesigning town centres and improving public areas. Typical tasks you will be involved in;
- Developing design solutions for flood risk
- Developing design solutions for roads
- Developing design solutions for town centres
- Understanding the civil engineering design process
- Understanding funding for public projects
- Developing strategic plans for investment in roads and public infrastructure
- Interpreting and using data and information
- Developing GIS skills.
The list goes on being part of the team of Metis’ activity and being involved in everything we do and growing as you progress through the degree programme.
Our working environment is honest, supportive and fun. You will be able to develop your technical expertise through learning from senior members of the team.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- A broad interest in engineering
- A demonstrable appetite for learning and developing your career further
- The desire to exceed expectations
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and spoken English Personal qualities
- A genuine interest in the work Metis does
- Interests outside of work, sports/hobbies Desired qualifications Apprenticeship candidates will typically have at least three A levels at Grades A-C including mathematics and Physical Science (Either Physics or Chemistry) or will have completed a BTEC National Diploma in a relevant field for the degree. Candidates are also required to start the programme holding a L2 maths and English qualification (GSCE grade A- C / new tariff grade 4 or above), which is compulsory within the apprenticeship requirements. Future prospects Yu will be sponsored through a five-year part-time BEng(hons) Civil Engineering. We will provide support and mentoring to develop your experience and achieve Incorporated Membership of The Institution of Civil Engineers.