Apprentice Painting and Decorating Apply now
Job Reference: 2197
Closing date: Tuesday 28th May 2019
Duration: Not specified
CSCS Card: Required - Green (Labourer)
Description of Role:
- Preparation to all surfaces including walls and woodwork (rubbing down, scraping, using sandpaper and removing old paint)
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right colour or texture
- Apply paints to ceiling, wall areas and all woodwork according to instructions with various tools
- Apply specialist coatings to areas including internal and external floors, walls, ceilings.
- Measure and calculate areas for paint coverage.
- Assist with reading instructions, specification and examining surfaces to determine work required.
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met.
- Build on-site preparations such as scaffolding or covering fixtures.
- To carry out any tasks within the employee’s skill and ability.
- Willing to learn a new trade and skills for painting techniques
- Capacity to develop knowledge of painting materials and how to select, mix and apply them.
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, sandpaper etc)
- Manual dexterity to balance on scaffolding and ladders
- Ability to work at height or in dusty environments (appropriate PPE provided)
- Good level of Maths and English
Essential Criteria: CSCS card