Estimator Apply now
Job Reference: 2200
Closing date: Thursday 1st August 2019
Location: Sevenoaks (Kent)
CSCS Card: Not required
Description of Role: FM Conway are currently seeking an Estimator to join their Term Maintenance Division. This is a full time permanent opportunity, it will be based in Sevenoaks head office and it offers a competitive salary and wide array of benefits. FM Conway, deliver vital infrastructure services that help keep people, communities and businesses moving and are always searching for talented individuals to join their organisation. As an Estimator you will provide a professional estimating service to the Term Maintenance Division of the business. Personal Specification: To be successful in this role you must have full knowledge of S278 and highways and public realm project delivery and pricing. You will have knowledge of drainage and civils pricing, the ability to develop pricing models using excel and other estimating packages. In addition it is important for you to have good working knowledge of working outputs and highways requirements for delivering S278 works, alongside the ability to review NEC and JCT contracts identifying areas of risk and opportunity. Main Responsibilities: You will also be required to undertake the following:
- To prepare work to be estimated, by gathering proposals, specifications and related documents.
- To identify labour, types and amounts of materials, together with time requirements necessary to deliver the contract against the agreed specifications.
- To determine the amount, availability and cost of plant required.
- To compute costs by analysing labour, material, and time requirements.
- To calculate a final figure for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit, and presenting a tender price.
- To identify and implement performance efficiency opportunities