Structural Engineer Apply now
Job Reference: 2201
Closing date: Thursday 1st August 2019
Location: Sevenoaks (Kent)
CSCS Card: Required - Green (Labourer)
Description of Role: FM Conway is currently seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to join our Consultancy Division, based in Sevenoaks. This brand-new role is full time and offers a competitive salary and wide range of benefits. FM Conway, deliver vital infrastructure services that help keep people, communities and businesses moving and are always searching for talented individuals to join their organisation. As a Structural Engineer you will work closely and collaboratively with internal and external clients throughout the project lifecycle, to guarantee technical and quality compliance through the provision of pro-active technical solutions and designs. Personal Specification: We are looking for a Chartered or near Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE.) You will hold a CSCS card and relevant health and safety certifications. It is important that you have experience of design and detailing of structures in reinforced concrete and steel. Alongside a working knowledge of CAD, Revit and NEC3 contracts. Main Responsibilities: You will also be required to undertake the following:
- Production of structural designs associated with concrete, steel, timber and masonry materials.
- Structural design of permanent and temporary works, in accordance with relevant design standards and codes of practice.
- Carrying out structural assessments of all forms of structures (highways and buildings.)
- Supporting Local Authorities in their asset management strategies, by leading inspections of highway structures and site surveys.
- Manage health and safety during the design and construction phases.
- Assisting with the preparation of tender documents by preparing fee proposals and quality statements.