TBM Control Room Engineer Apply now
Job Reference: 2207
Closing date: Friday 28th June 2019
CSCS Card: Not required
Description of Role:
The TBM Control Room Engineer is a requirement of the works information that stipulates that they should be tunnel experienced. Applicants will need an interest in data management and also a broad range of different software associated with the tunnel boing process. The availability to work a 24/7 3no 8hr shift pattern is essential. Responsibilities
- The control room is to be manned 24 hours a day 7 days a week during tunnelling. Engineers within the control room are expected to be on duty for their eight hour shift.
- The following forms of data management are being used in the control room: o VDMS – a data management system dealing with sensor data from the TBM o TUNIS – a TBM survey control system o The PMR system - a security and communications system for site and the tunnel o Herrenknechts Visio System – the raw TBM data system o Herrenknechts camera system – live streaming of four cameras from the TBM o The conveyor control feedback system – raw sensor data from the conveyor system o The conveyor camera system o The PPM system a new system developed for this job designed to monitor and allocate planned preventative maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment on site. o The segment data acquisition system – an off the shelf system that is new to this team.
- Specific duties will include but not be limited to; o Providing checks and balances that the TBM is being controlled to the parameters set out in the Plan for TBM Advance and if not asking that the parameters should be followed. o Providing the initial surface point of contact in an emergency in the tunnel o Having all data available within the control room to be able to brief emergency services of the details of the emergency o The collection of data and the reporting of that TBM and associated plant data o The management of the Shift Review Group (SRG) provision of data and distribution of minutes o Running of a spreadsheet data collection summary sheet o Collection of all necessary data check sheets etc. to provide handover packages in 300m lengths of tunnel. o Provide accurate and timely responses to project management o Attend regular meetings (SRG, CTC) o Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time. o Ensure compliance with all TBM parameters Safety:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to safety
- Contribute to safety initiatives Environment:
- Maximise efficiencies of the TBM operating system. Quality:
- Follow BMB management systems
- Be responsible for the quality of your own work
- Ensure continuous improvement
- Raising any issues in a timely fashion.
- Seek solutions to issues raised.
- Act in the best interests of the Project in all dealings with the client, suppliers, workforce and public.
- Provide, maintain and support access to accurate contract and Company information.
- Able to convey a clear message in writing. Engineering/Planning
- Monitor the TBM information
- Apply current parameters.
- Provide data summaries
- Obtain trends and data analysis based on experience and information. Commercial:
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to others.
- Carry out duties Right First Time. Essential Criteria: Details of experience and knowledge:
- Large diameter EPB TBM experience ideal.
- We believe an aptitude for the job is more important than the necessary experience and candidates should be at least graduate engineers.
- Interest in data management. Qualifications and Skills
- HNC, HND or degree in Civil engineering, Mining or Tunnelling
- EPB TBM experience
- Working alone Behavioural Competencies:
- Good attendance and timekeeping essential
- Able to work collaboratively within a team to achieve deadlines Technical Competencies:
- EPB TBM experience ideal
- Data management