Building Services Engineer Apprentice Apply now
Job Reference: 2233
Closing date: Wednesday 21st August 2019
CSCS Card: Not required
Monday - Friday hours including one day per week at University Total hours per week: 37.50, Expected duration, 5 years
- Possible start date, 01 Sep 2019, Apprenticeship level - Degree Level Apprenticeship
- Reference number
- Positions – 3 available Every project demands a different combination of skills so we'll put together a team for you, drawing on a comprehensive range of in-house expertise. That unified team will be responsible for every phase from design to delivery. From end to end, and everywhere in-between With leading edge expertise across a wide range of sectors, we work from inception to final delivery. So even if you choose us for a single discipline, the breadth of our offering helps us connect with and understand other areas. All in a Day’s work
- Using specialist modelling software and other resources to design systems required for projects. Experience in producing basic engineering calculations both manually and computerised.
- Coordinate with mechanical and electrical engineers to learn the principals of both systems
- Working with Engineers and Architects on multiple projects.
- To adhere to working practices and procedures. Respond positively to the new working environment and systems.
- Office based role, reporting to a designated manager. There may be opportunities to visit construction sites to enhance understanding and learning.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills You should be able to demonstrate that you;
- Have good numerical/maths skills, Have good it skills, Work well with other people
- Have good literacy and ability to write reports, Are able to organise the work of others
- Are able to manage own time and ability to prioritise at busy times
- Are creative and practical, Are adaptable and persevering
- Are interested in using computers for design work, calculations, and testing designs
- Are able to produce neat and accurate technical drawings
- Are able to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organise projects
- Have excellent communication skills within a team and externally
- Are able to present and explain the thought processes behind their own design work Personal qualities You should be able to demonstrate that you are;
- Enthusiastic, Willing to learn, Punctual, Reliable, Committed
- Willing to learn, Self-motivated, Well presented
Desired qualifications Have at least three A levels at Grades A*-C including mathematics and Physical Science or their equivalent or will have completed a level 3 Apprenticeship as a Building Services Design Technician
- A Level BBC or
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or
- Access to Engineering qualifications with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits or
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physics
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs at grades A-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English