CAD Technician Apply now
Job Reference: CADTechnician30Nov18
Closing date: Friday 21st December 2018
Location: Kirtling Street
CSCS Card: Not required
- Produce graphical CAD content in compliance with the Tideway CAD standards, to support the project delivery team. All outputs shall maintain a high quality with maximum accuracy.
- Contribute towards the development of company standards, methods and procedures.
- Contributing to periodic CAD deliverable meetings with site teams. Communication between the drafting team and project engineers is paramount.
- Maintain all your works within the ProjectWise Common Data Environment. This includes, maintaining user accounts and contribute towards workflows in consultation with the Digital Engineering team.
- Contribute towards a ‘works/drawings register’
- Reporting to the Lead/Senior CAD Technician, or assigned deputy, on a week-to-week basis. The purposed is to ensure there remains clear communication channels and consist level of work being delivered and review the ‘works/drawings register’.
- For all performance reviews and internal training requirements, reporting to the Lead/Senior CAD Technician and the parent company line manager (if applicable).
- Working collaboratively with key members of the project engineering and construction teams to ensure their requirements are understood, agreed and delivered.
- Degree (or similar) in civil or structural engineering.
- Experience working for a Main Works Contractor on a infrastructure project (or similar);
- Experience of Bentley products - Microstation V8i, AECOsim Building Designer, Navigator essential, other Autodesk products, i.e. AutoCAD, desired;
- Experience in developing structural and/or marine 2D detailed, annotated technical drawings, 3D models and phasing plans, preferably for a Main Contactor.
- Experience of utilising a common data environments such as ProjectWise Explorer;
- An ability to analyse 2D and 3D problems and deliver effective, well considered solutions by working with Design & Project Engineers, Digital (BIM) Engineers and construction teams.
- Use of standard symbols
- Library elements
- Standardised self-checking/verification processes. E.g. ProjectWise CAD QA
- Integrating multi-discipline CAD data in the wider CAD environment.
- Strong knowledge in Industry CAD standards and BS1192 workflows.
- Writing and policing CAD process and procedures desired.
Is a CSCS card required? No Type: This role is PAYE only. Successful applicants will undergo a Drug and Alcohol test. Please ensure you have the required cards and qualifications before applying.