Geotechnical Engineer Apply now
Job Reference: GeotechnicalEngineer30Nov18
Closing date: Friday 21st December 2018
Location: Kirtling Street
CSCS Card: Required
- Managing commercial change using the Geotechnical Baseline Report and the NEC Contract;
- Manage geological mapping and logging of all exposed excavation faces, in particular the SCL excavations and TBM ring excavation.
- Managing Groundwater Sub-Contractor, with a need to understand the Project wide groundwater control requirements. Managing technical issues on dewatering;
- Manage Ground Investigation Sub-Contractor and commercial aspects of this interface;
- Work with the TPI and Consents teams to ensure ground movement assessments asset protection is managed for the FLO team;
- Review of geotechnical aspects of the Designers proposals, including the ground models and any mitigation measures.
- Breath of experience in geotechnical design
- Experience in tunnelling, particularly with geological site experience
- Experience of London Geology, with particular experience of stratigraphic logging;
- Experience of groundwater control systems;
- Management of sub-Contractors, with particular strength in commercial management of change;
- Understanding of Instrumentation and Monitoring and ability to interpret monitoring data and consider the impact of the works and geological conditions in relation to the monitoring.
- High level of skill in report writing and communication with third parties and clients.
- Good survey skills and knowledge - desirable .
Is a CSCS card required? Yes Type: Relevant to role This role is PAYE only. Successful applicants will undergo a Drug and Alcohol test. Please ensure you have the required cards and qualifications before applying.