Temporary Works Engineer/Section Engineer Apply now
Job Reference: TWE23NOV18
Closing date: Wednesday 12th December 2018
Hours: Full time
Pay: £ Negotiable
Location: Kirtling street, Thames Tideway
CSCS Card: Not required
Role & Responsibilities:
The Temporary Works Engineer (TWE) will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of TW design including their maintenance for the site, reporting to the site Project Engineer
Must have recognised Temporary Works experience within the construction sector:
- STRUCTURAL STABILITY. ie: temporary structures during construction or demolition, façade retention, etc.
- EXCAVATION. ie: cofferdams, shafts, embankments, dewatering, support systems, open excavation, ground improvement
- SITE ESTABLISHMENT. ie: temporary offices, access gantries, workshops, temporary roads, access bridges
- UTILITIES DIVERSION
- PERMANENT WORKS. Ie: temporary loading of permanent works or permanent works in an intermediate state, reinforcement cages
- ACCESS: scaffolding, temporary roof, edge protection, suspension systems
- CONSTRUCTION PLANT. ie: tower crane foundations, mobile/crawler crane, platforms, hoist bases/foundations, etc.
- FORMWORK/FALSEWORK. ie: propping and support systems, reinforcement cages, jump forms, etc.
Role to include close liaison with the Tideway Engineering Team and asset owners impacted by the works (Thames Water and Local Authorities such as Lambeth Borough, Westminster City Council, City of London or Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea)
To be proficient with documentation creation (Design Briefs, Method Statements, Specifications and Material Conformance Reports) and to self-manage the completion and approval of the associated deliverables by the client and asset owners impacted by the works
To assist with the management of specialist sub-contractors, providing technical assistance to project site team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide expertise regarding the design of TW
- The TWC should be the first point of contact between the designers and the site team.
- The TWC will be responsible for ensuring that Flo’s Temporary Works Procedure is implemented on site.
- The TWC will ensure that all TWs within their appointment scope, are identified, recorded, classified, risk assessed, checked and managed in accordance with Flo’s procedure.
- The TWC will maintain the site specific TW Register with new, ongoing, completed and accepted by the client and will sign off the permit to load.
- The TWC will prepare the EDB where the necessary information to produce a design is described and meets all the requirements from site.
- The TWC must ensure that TW are physically inspected during construction providing checklists where required, and are responsible for reviewing actual conditions against conditions assumed in the TW design
- The TWC will ensure that all TW are adequately and safely designed, constructed and used, ensuring that those people responsible for the construction of the TW receive full detail of the design
- To assist the project team in their production of ‘as-built’ documentation and the Health & Safety File.
- Degree qualified in civil/structural engineering or similar discipline, ideally chartered
- Experience of construction of comparable temporary works, with a minimum period of one year design experience.
- Attended formal TWC training
- Understanding of Project Management and Procedures.
- General computer skills, Microsoft suite.
- Excellent communications skills at all level.
- Problem solving skills.